Do you want to become a nurse? Have you always been excited by the audacity and dedication of those nurses who were involved in a warfare? Do you think that you are also courageous and dedicated? Then a nursing school is waiting for you.
However, you cannot enter it without writing a nursing application essay. By the way, your nursing application essay will play a crucial role for the final decision of the admission committee.
That is why let us discuss several winning strategies for writing nursing application essays.
Types of nursing application essays
Different schools prefer different types of nursing application essays. Therefore, try to find out which one is better for your particular school. Basically, there are two types of nursing application essays:
- Just-the-facts type. It is a rather dry and official type of nursing application essays. You just need to highlight the most significant facts about yourself. What you will get is a bullet-point list mixed with several other sentences.
- Tell-a-story type. This type of nursing application essays is more emotional and less official. It can be a kind of a story, which introduces necessary details about you.
Still, it does not really matter what particular essay type your school prefers. There are several essential aspects that should be definitely covered in your nursing application essay. You can answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in nursing?
- What or who influenced your choice to become a nurse?
- What talents, inner traits, and knowledge do you have that will be helpful in your career?
- What are your career goals?
So, follow these recommendations to create a winning nursing application essay.
Perhaps, later, you will have to write a nursing research proposal or an internship essay. If you face difficulties, do not hesitate to use this web site.