Telling about your career goals can be a part of the application essay. Well, it is not surprising. The admission committee wants to make sure that you are an ambitious person who knows what he/she wants in this life.
As you know, that part of the application process, which is called essay writing, is extremely important. It is not only an opportunity to tell about yourself but also reveal some abilities of yours that are significant for your further academic life.
This is why several power keys to writing a college essay on career goals is something you should not neglect.
General recommendations for writing career goals essays
- Be clear and coherent throughout your professional goals essay.
- Keep in mind your main purpose – to create a good impression on the committee.
- Make sure that you stick to a certain structure when writing the career goals essay. You will have to answer one major question. The answer might be quite extended. We suggest you splitting your answer into two or three pieces.
Specific recommendations for completing career goals essays
- Do not describe too many career goals. It is recommended to tell about one or two goals in your professional goals essay.
- Definitely, you can focus on several goals. In this case, make sure you give specific and clear reasons for each of them.
- There are cases when students are not exactly sure about their career goals, but still want to apply to a certain program.
Certainly, writing an impressive career goals essay is going to be challenging in such case. Take into account one simple rule. Do not try to invent something instead of being honest. Just think over reasonable explanations for your indecision and present them in your career goals essay.
Do not forget that everything you present in your career goals essay should be related to the particular school or program you are applying to.
On this blog, you can also find tips for writing nursing application essays and a college narrative essay.