A short story book report should not be a too tricky task for you to complete, because you will not have to study and discuss some long, complicated novels.
You will deal with short stories that can be up to 10 pages long.
This means that you do not need to spend much time on reading, but have more time to think over your short story book report.
Nowadays, all students try to be creative, and actually it is quite easy to show creativity when it comes to short story book reports.
All you need to do is decide on some unusual form of your short story book report. Here we have listed some popular forms you can use to prepare a book report:
- a PowerPoint presentation (the most popular and quite an easy way to prepare a short story book report);
- a sort of character album or paper bag book reports, which contain pictures and any other things related to the main characters of the story;
- newspaper articles/diary entries/letters that reflect some major themes or events of the story;
- oral book reports or plays when students have to dress like the characters of the story and act out.
See, there are plenty of creative ways to get your short story book report done and stand out. However, when preparing short story book reports you should not forget about official requirements and teacher’s preferences. While forms may change, the main requirements do not, and your short story book report should definitely include the following points:
- general facts about the story, its author, date of publication, etc;
- a brief retelling of the plot;
- discussion of the main characters;
- discussion of the main themes, symbols;
- your personal attitude to and opinion about the story.
If you do not present these points in your short story book report, even the most creative form will not help you get a good grade.