Accounting term paper may not be easy to write, especially when you do not know the topic. Generally, accounting course involves tracking, documenting and reporting business and economic related agendas and activities of organizations and business agencies. The topic for your accounting term papers are likely to emerge from one of these business and economic activities.
Of course, the topics would vary in terms of complexity, ranging from very basic paper topics such as definition of accounting to more complicated topics, most of which will be the application of accounting knowledge in real life situation. Here are some of the topics you can pick from to complete your term papers in accounting.
The basic topics for term papers in accounting
Most of the very basic topics in accounting are definitions of concepts and introductory statements used in this course. At this stage, no in-depth analysis or evaluations may be needed. Such basic topics would include:
- Definitions of Accounting
- Accounting concepts and terminologies
- The reasons for studying accounting
- The History of Accounting
- Principles of Accounting
- Accounting Ethics etc
General topics in Accounting
The general accounting topics are those which can be broken down into some other subtopics or subfields in accounting course. Some of the general topics you can choose from include:
- General Accounting topic
- Income statements
- Balance sheets
- Statement of cash flow
- Accounting tools and formulas
- Business Risk Analysis
- Business Evaluation topic
- Basic Financial Accounting topic
- Auditing topic in accounting
- Budgeting topic in accounting
- Topic in Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting topic
- Topic in Advance Accounting
- Topic in Cost Accounting etc.
Advanced topics for accounting term papers
Advanced topics are mostly found at advanced levels of accounting studies. You do not expect basic topics like what is accounting in your forth year of study at the university. These topics require more experience and intensive research work. Here are a few of them:
- Enron`s accounting scandal
- Sunbeam`s accounting scandal
- The laws and standards for maintaining consistent records in accounting
- Mutual exclusive interest rate divergence etc.
You can now decide which topic best suits your interest and capability. If you are new in accounting, choose basic or general topics for term paper in accounting. Advanced topics are best handled by senior accounting students.