Research papers on art are your instructor’s opportunity to assess your comprehension of art concepts and terminology. Your topic for a research paper on art will necessarily reflect your professor’s specific assignment.
However, as with any paper, you can often shape the topic to match your interests and past exposure to art, making your job much more pleasant. The following article provides some examples.
Often, in research papers on art you will be asked to examine, research and/or respond to:
- An individual work of art
- Two or more works, somehow related (in the professor’s opinion)
- The total oeuvre of one artist
- The work of one school/movement in art
- Art trends in one time period (Millennium, Century, Decade)
- Art of one geographic region
- One genre (Painting, Sculpture, Infinitely variable other media)
These are, of course, not exhaustive lists.
Within each of these possibilities, you can find some wiggle room to personalize your topic.
Consider an example from the 18th century, Neoclassical painter David, The Death of Marat (1793).You can examine this powerful work in several ways, for example:
- Composition: The compression of depth in the picture
- References to revolution – is it a feasible subject for art?
- Classical allusions
- Is it realistic? (check outreal dead bodies)
- Accuracy or abstraction as a portrait? (compare to other pictures of Marat)
- Impact of the absence of the murderess, Charlotte Corday? (Picture Charlotte Corday and http://www.jstor.org/)
You can apply the same sorts of analysis to many other works of representational art. Alternatively, consider aradically modern sculpture, Claes Oldenburg’s Lipstick (Ascending) on Caterpillar Tracks(1969-1974). Many questions about the work and its context would be applicable to many other abstract modern pieces: Read more
Media research paper is an interesting and fascinating activity in a person’s life. Possessing both qualities of journalism and certain writing talents, media research paper generally involves certain activities that any person’s life is fully intermingled with.
Not everybody can master writing a media research paper even though this person is a great writer. Media research paper involves visiting different places and talking to different people. Lack of communication skills may bother a person if he/she wants to become a promising journalist.
The following traits of writing a media research paper are required if a person actually wants to write it:
- Media research paper dwells on certain issues of major importance. They are as follows: media access control over the social activity of a specific area, explaining the difference between pure commercials on TV and real state of events in a country, language improvement of a TV reporters and news presenter, working on one’s diction in order to be fully understood by vast majority of the population. Writing a media research paper, a person has to specify all these details.
- Media research paper narrates about the structure of its work. Just like any other branch of social life including justice, education, health, religion, and many others, mass media is to fully inform people on the events happening in their country being free of any social, political and religious bias. Yellow press is strictly separated from the ‘original’ one. Media research paper writer is to keep this fact in mind.
- Media research paper pretty often involves events connected with politics and certain governmental decisions that officials do not really want to reflect in press.
An english research paper is one of the most common types of works assigned in English classes. There is a great variety of english research papers that can become one’s homework, and then the question rises on what to write about and what information to include in the research papers of such kind.
The most complicated peculiarity is that english research paper writing may be on topics distant from the course of studies, but the english research paper of the student may need to reveal the proper knowledge of English and language-related areas.
So, how to write a successful english research paper that will reveal the student’s knowledge and not to lose points on the discovery of the topic? All procedures involved in english research paper writing are covered in the present article that may be highly helpful for those not knowing where to start and on what to make the major emphasis in the work.
English Research Paper Writing – Taking Everything into Consideration
Most english research papers are dedicated to writing skills, so the topic of an english research paper the student gets may be absolutely unexpectable –it is common practice to give a challenging issue for consideration and to explore what steps the student covers to achieve the final writing result.
In some cases, the english research paper may be dedicated to writing styles proficiency – it means that the student will need to utilize his or her knowledge on APA or MLA writing guides and perform a research paper that will have proper in-text citations and reference pages.
The issue of child abuse should be closely considered in the society. Students who are given the task to write child abuse research papers should pay a lot of attention to them. There are a lot of various aspects in this issue to research. However, some students tend to pick only some common cases for investigation. This article provides various topics of child abuse research papers to choose from. In addition, it outlines some tips for students to help students with child abuse research paper writing.
Child abuse research paper tips
Unfortunately, child abuse is not a rare phenomenon in society. Many researchers studied it from various aspects. Here are some possible topics for students for their child abuse research papers:
- Psychological aspects of child abuse. What are the social and psychological premises of child abuse? Why does it happen? How can people avoid it?
- Child abuse and protective laws. How can society protect children for abuse? Why does it happen that child care laws are neglected in some cases?
- Grave consequences of child abuse. How can society protect abused children form getting negative physiological effects?
- Finally, a student may research all above mentioned aspects on the basis of a particular case.
Child abuse research paper procedure
It goes without saying that a good child abuse research paper should be based on thorough research of the topic. Information presented in it should be relevant and logical. It is very important to provide many illustrative examples to support any statement. Any child abuse research paper should be structured according to research paper writing requirements. And finally, a student should proofread his/her child abuse research paper to make sure it is correct.
Our planet is a home not only for humans but also for a multitude of creatures that are crucial for normal functioning of nature. The science studying all the living beings in the world is biology. If this is your major, you cannot avoid writing a biology research paper during your courses. Although the perspective of writing a biology research paper may sound scary to you, there is no need to worry. Read through our guide and find handy advice to manage your biology research paper at ease!
Biology Research Paper: Possible Areas of Coverage
Living world is vast and issues related to it are numerous, therefore you are free to choose the area to explore in a biology research paper from an almost unlimited number of options:
- Evolution of species;
- Interaction between species;
- Species inhabiting a certain region;
- Protection of rare species;
- Exploration of unknown species, etc.
Biology Research Paper: Choosing the Topic
When you have singled out an area to explore, narrow it down to a specific issue within this area. For example, if you have chosen protection of rare species as a research area for your biology research paper, you can consider the following issues:
- History of animal protection;
- Methods of animal protection;
- Causes of animal extinction;
- Effects of animal extinction on the environment.
Biology Research Paper: Writing the Dissertation
Focus on the formal side of the question
Some learners consider meeting all requirements of their papers to be an overwhelming task. Putting emphasis on the content of one’s papers, some learners fail to meet the format requirements. In reality, the problem can be easily solved. Preparing for one’s APA format research paper, a learner might look through the format requirements and prevent all possible mistakes.
Students’ indignation against the necessity to meet the format requirements often has no limits. They admit that they are unable to think of such trifles as proper referencing working on their research papers. The assignment of writing an APA format research paper could be simplified significantly on the condition that the students do their best from the first try.
Despising such trifles as dots, brackets and proper referencing at the beginning, a student is sure to revise one’s APA format research paper in future. Changing the format and rereading the same paper one more time might appear to be tiresome and time-taking. It is advisable to pay attention to main requirements of an APA format research paper and meet them from the first try. A student might be even fined for handing a paper with a wrong format.
Useful hints for writing an APA format research paper
If you want to make your biology research paper one of the most captivating and winning academic works, you should find enough time to evaluate information available, think about the most interesting methods to use, and divide your time accordingly.
The world of biology is rich indeed, this is why many students are lost when they have to choose the material for biology research paper writing. To help you create an amazing biology research paper, you can rely on the ideas offered in the article.
Create a powerful structure for your biology research paper
Though many students try to use some innovative approaches, they completely forget about the necessity to follow rules and requirements. This is why your biology research paper should be properly structured, answered the questions posed, and written in the required format and style.
Use interesting facts and statistics in your biology research paper to demonstrate your wide range of knowledge
The use of details much depends on the field you choose for your. Pay attention to the following facts for your biology research paper, and do not forget that you can find more in the Internet:
- An ostrich egg is considered to be the largest single cell;
- The lung is regarded as the lightest organ in the body;
- Human brain contains more than 75% of water;
- Frogs have a habit to eat their skin after it is shed;
- In the Amazon River, there are more types of fish then in the Atlantic Ocean.
Have you faced your first assignment on academic research paper writing? It’s time you learned how an academic research paper differs from other assignments that you worked on before. We hope this article will help you with this.
Academic Research Paper: What is It?
There are the following differences between an academic research paper and a high school essay:
- While essay writing is mostly about expressing opinion and supporting it with arguments, academic research paper is all about setting questions about a subject, doing a research and providing the grounded answer.
- Academic research paper writing implies objectivity. Every statement that you provide in your paper should be supported with evidence. There should not be “I” in your academic research paper. Instead of a researcher’s personality, the focus is on a subject.
- Academic research paper writing requires using writing style that differs from that used in essays. No long sentences, no rhetoric questions, no exaggerations and metaphors.
Academic Research Paper: What for?
Well, we have discussed some aspects of academic research paper writing. But after the question “how” has been answered, the question “why” remains. Why should students write academic research papers? Why should they do it properly and put significant effort into it?
Let us now motivate you a bit about your academic research paper writing and outline some reasons why it is a good idea to take it seriously:
- Read more
Your friend once suggested you searching for some examples before start writing an academic paper. Now you have found an example of a research paper; but still you are a bit confused because you do not actually know what to do with this sample. This article is more than useful for you because several captivating ideas and propositions on how to use an example of a research paper will be given here.
Evaluation of an Example of a Research Paper: Step One
Before trusting the example of a research paper found, you need to check whether it:
- Corresponds to the citation style you need;
- Is not too old;
- Has a number of notes which explain each point;
- Is offered by the site with “.edu” domain.
Evaluation of an Example of a Research Paper: Step Two
As a rule, you may use the following information from the example of a research paper:
- Title page organization;
- Development of an outline;
- Creation of a reference list;
- In-text citations’ peculiarities;
- Margins, space, and font (in case the format is appropriate).
Evaluation of an Example of a Research Paper: Step Three
Not to make a mistake, you should know what you should never do with an example of a research paper:
Have you heard about the general rules of writing a research paper rubric? Of course, you have heard! Still, if we are wrong, the guidelines presented below will help you organize your writing procedure. No doubts that you will successfully complete a research paper if you organize your research paper rubric properly. So, follow the guidelines listed below and you will manage to succeed:
Research paper rubric: Title Page
The title page of your research paper should be formatted in accordance with the main requirements established by the authority of your academic institution.
Research paper rubric: Abstract
The abstract should be about 200 words long. It should briefly tell about your project.
Research paper rubric: Introductory Paragraph
It is obligatory to include in this section the following: a hypothesis you will prove in the body of your research paper, purposes you are going to achieve, and explanations of why you have chosen to investigate this very topic.
Research paper rubric: Materials and Methods
The materials of your research paper rubric should briefly present the equipment you are going to use for your investigation. In the methods section of research paper rubrics, state the ways you going to apply to achieve the purposes set.
Research paper rubric: Results
You should be very objective when talking about the results. Sum up the outcomes got. Present each of them, but do not provide any analysis. You will present it later, in the discussion section.