Academic Writing: Categories
Tips and Ideas to Write Psychology Research Papers
Psychology research papers are different from that of other academic assignments. A psychology research paper requires the students to make a thorough research to identify a psychological issue that needs to be investigated.
The need for psychology research papers is to highlight the students’ findings to the scientific community. The students must write a psychology research paper only after conducting an experiment and making observations or research. The most important decision students need to make while writing a research paper is to choose the topic of their paper.
Psychology Research Papers: Sections to Be Included
A psychology research paper must contain the following sections:
- The major sections of the paper are Title, Authors, Abstract, Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and Recommendations.
- The other sections of the paper are Acknowledgements, References, Tables and Figures.
Psychology Research Papers: Useful Tips
- The paper must be written after developing an effective research strategy.
- The paper must be written accurately, correctly and concisely with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- The title must be appropriate and describe the content of the research paper.
- The abstract must summarize the purpose, method & techniques, results, and conclusion.
- The introduction must be interesting and include some background information regarding previous research related to the topic.
- The methods section must describe the methods, variables, and techniques used for the research, along with ethical considerations. The section must not include any results.
- The results section must summarize the research result along with statistics and graphs.
- The discussion section must highlight the significant results of the research. It must summarize the main findings, and interpretation of the findings.
Psychology research papers will not be of good quality until students make good research before writing them. The psychology research paper is easy to write when students make use of the above ideas. They must also refer the guidelines given by their professor.