If you are writing your term paper in social or behavioral sciences, you will have to use APA style of writing. Take into consideration that if your work is done in some other disciplines, this format will not suit. Thus, be careful not to confuse different formats.
Actually, if you want to get exhaustive information on writing term papers in APA style, it is better to use a special APA manual. It contains official requirements for writing term papers in APA style adopted by American Psychological Association.
In one article we will not be able to cover all these rules, but we can give you some general tips on writing term papers in APA style.
General tips. Here we are going to discuss the general requirements for writing and typing term papers in APA style.
- Term papers in APA style should be typed on computer.
- Double spaces are what you have to use within the whole text of your paper.
- Do you know what the margins are for? They are used for marking your mistakes and thus, you will have to leave enough space for doing it. So, the margins in the term papers in APA style should be 1 inch.
- For typing your paper you should use a12-size font.
More detailed tips. Now we are going to give you some more tips on writing term papers in APA style.
- In your paper you need to use complete and clear sentences.
- Term papers in APA style should not contain slang and contractions (not it’s, but it is).
- Try not to use words like I, me, my too frequently in your term paper.
- While writing term papers in APA style, mind the usage of so-called “empty words” or those words that have no purpose. For instance, instead of it was found by the reputable scientists that… you should better write reputable scientists found that…
The requirements for writing term papers in APA style are numerous and obligatory. So, you will have to make every effort to follow them all.