Cultural diversity is a topic that can be written in many different ways. Nevertheless, a cultural diversity essay should be focused on a narrow idea that will reflect the essays’ main purpose.
Usually given as broad topic, students might be frustrated choosing a single aspect to write about in cultural diversity essays. Thus, the following article will attempt to provide a few ideas for writing a cultural diversity essay.
One direction to write about cultural diversity is to outline its benefits. Being commonly accepted as a positive phenomenon, it will not be hard to find positive points to write about. Nevertheless, writing about the benefits in a cultural diversity essay should have a definite structure, which will be followed through the whole paper. Such structures in cultural diversity essays might include:
- Comparisons between now and then.
- Choosing a single area to focus on, e.g. education, workplace, community.
- Going from the opposite, i.e. indicating the negative aspects of the lack of cultural diversity.
Choosing reflection as a direction to write a cultural diversity essay is a way to provide a personalized perspective on such phenomenon. Reflection in cultural diversity essay can be represented through topics such as the following:
- A memorable experience of facing a display of cultural diversity.
- A memorable experience of facing the lack of cultural diversity.
- Personal opinion on the way cultural diversity can be developed in the society/community.
Debates as a direction of writing a cultural diversity essay can be seen through argumentative essays, in which a controversial or a debatable topic is discussed. The list of such topics in cultural diversity essays might include aspects such myths and misconceptions about cultural diversity, positions of the groups opposing cultural diversity, perceived negative aspects and disadvantages.